Monday, September 10, 2007

~Monday~

Today was a good day at work. I had good patients and they let me leave early because the census was low. I've been taking care of a 36 year old homeless man for the past 3 days. I feel so bad for him. He has a huge cardiac history and is to the point of needing a heart transplant. I can't help but wonder what he will do if he is able to receive one. The anti-rejection medications are so expensive not to mention the recovery process. He has no where to live and no one to take care of him. It makes me feel so blessed to have health, food, shelter... all that stuff we take for granted.
I was so excited because today I saw Debany and I haven't seen her since she moved from St George over a year ago. She is working the the coronary intensive care with Tiffani. I think for the most part they like it. They make them work 50% days and 50% nights over there. I would think that would be so dang hard to go back and forth.
My mom has been feeling pretty good this week. She is still unsteady and has some nausea but for the most part she is getting a long good. We go back to the doctor on Wednesday for another treatment.
My dad was at work the other day driving the van for the senior citizens and some kid pulled out and hit him. The van needs some fixing but no one was hurt.

No comments: