Thursday, September 6, 2007

UPDATE

I took Mom to the doctor on Tuesday. It was nice Uncle Mike met us there to hang out for awhile. I'm so thankful Mom has a lot of people that care about her and keep tabs on her. Dr. Whisenant was really positive about how things were going. He took her off the Taxol which she didn't tolerate very well. It made her really sick and gave her a really bad facial burn. Layers of skin peeled off her face and now she has this young youthful looking face. We have been laughing about it because we try to think of the positive things when it comes to chemotherapy. Another great thing is not having to shave, wouldn't that be nice! The best by far is the fact that it helps decrease the cells and manage the cancer. We plan on keeping her around for a long time! The doctor started her on a newer chemo called Gemzar. So far the only side effect has been she is really exhausted and doesn't have much energy. Hopefully the Gemzar and Carboplatinum (the other one she receives) will do the trick. We have lots of faith and hope!
Work is going really good. I was so nervous to change jobs mostly because I really liked my job in St George. I actually really like my job at LDS except for the drive...that gets old! The new hospital opens October 29th. I'm sure that day will be crazy but I'm looking forward to it none the less. With my new job I've been able to learn so much. We do a lot of things that we didn't do in St George like heart transplants, ultra filtration for heart failure, and lots more vascular surgeries. Its been fun to learn about all these new procedures. The doctors are really nice and I love having the residents and fellows around...there is always someone around even at night. I'm not working night shift which makes me SO HAPPY! I work 10 shifts a month 7am to 7pm and I work 3 shifts a month 3pm to 11pm. It has work out really great for me.

No comments: